After bursting onto the mattress scene in 2016, Nectar Sleep soon became one of the most popular online mattress brands in the United States. The company’s signature product is its memory foam mattress which, unlike traditional store-bought mattresses, is delivered to the customer’s front door in a box.
With over 750,000 customers to date, we thought it was time to take a closer look at the popular Nectar bed, including what it’s made of, how much it costs, what others are saying about it and more.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about this mattress in our Nectar mattress review.
Nectar Mattress Design: What Are Nectar Mattresses Made Of?
Nectar Sleep produces mattresses made entirely of viscoelastic, unlike traditional spring bed models. Each Nectar mattress contains five layers, including:
- Quilted memory foam mattress cover
- gem memory foam
- Memory foam ‘Adaptive Hi-Core’
- base layer
- lower mattress topper
The quilted mattress cover provides a “soft and airy” layer for clients to sleep on, while the gel memory foam underneath helps distribute each person’s weight and body heat evenly. This prevents sagging and bulging in the mattress and aims to keep each sleeper cooler and more comfortable at night.
‘Adaptive Hi-Core’ memory foam aims to provide the perfect support for sleepers and prevent the feeling of “sinking into quicksand”. Beneath this, you’ll find the base layer, which not only reinforces this support, but also aims to stabilize the various layers of memory foam that sit on top of it.
Lastly, each Nectar mattress contains a lower mattress cover to help keep the mattress in place on the frame (or floor) and prevent it from shifting.
The mattress can be described as having a medium firm feel (it’s a 6.5 on the firmness scale), which works very well for most types of sleepers. Provides adequate support for back and stomach sleepers and helps keep the spine in a neutral position. This firmness is also great for co-sleepers as it allows them to change position easily.
How much do Nectar mattresses cost?
When reading a Nectar mattress review, there is no doubt that you will also want to know the price of each Nectar bed.
Nectar Sleep currently offers two mattress models, including the Nectar mattress for pre-promo prices ranging from $898-$1,398. Before promotions and discounts, the more premium Mattress Nectar Lush it ranges from $1,099 to $1,799.
Here is pricing information for the Nectar Original Mattress
|Nectar mattress size||Price (MSRP)|
*Price information as of 04/29/2020
Nectar offers two different mattress models
Nectar Sleep has not one, but two popular Nectar mattresses available, each with different features to appeal to various types of sleepers. Our Nectar mattress review looks at each type of Nectar bed to help you determine which might be best for you.
- It is the brand’s original product offering and features five layers of memory foam.
- It is rated as medium firm and is slightly firmer than the Nectar Lush mattress.
- Offers better support for back, stomach and combination sleepers
- Contains a light and airy padded memory foam shell.
- It’s more affordable than the Nectar Lush, with a queen mattress price of $1,198 (before discounts or promotions)
- This is the brand’s follow-up product, with 12″ of premium layers, including 3″ memory foam, 2″ Energex foam, and 7″ dense support foam.
- Nectar classifies the Lush as medium firm, which makes it slightly softer than the original Nectar mattress.
- Better suited for side sleepers than the original Nectar mattress
- It contains a cooling cover to regulate the temperature of sleep.
- It uses a special AquaCool material over the middle third of the top layer (it’s designed to help regulate the temperature under the sleeper’s trunk, which is said to heat up first)
- It is more expensive than the original mattress.
How comfortable is the Nectar mattress?
Mattress comfort is obviously subjective, but we can help you by reviewing the firmness of the Nectar mattress. Compared to other popular mattresses on the market, the Nectar Memory Foam mattress scores slightly higher on the firmness scale, averaging 6.5 (the medium firmness category). Other brands, including Purple, Casper, Puffy and Bear, rate a maximum of six on this scale, on average.
Compared to the Nectar Lush mattress, the original mattress is also firmer. On the firmness scale, Nectar Lush is rated medium.
Other products sold by Nectar
For this Nectar mattress review, we thought we’d also look at the other products sold by Nectar Sleep. These include Nectar bed frames and Nectar mattress accessories, which we list in more detail below:
- the mattress base It is a bed base made of solid pine and fir. Unlike traditional bed frames, it does not contain a box spring and is said to be healthier (less dust), more fashionable and easier to move.
- the adjustable bed frame allows users to adjust their mattress to the position that best suits their needs. Includes a three-zone massage, wireless remote control, TV recline setting, USB plugs for easy charging, and more.
- the metal bed frame It can be adjusted to fit any mattress size and allows the mattress to be lifted for easy cleaning or storage underneath.
- the bed frame with headboard It has a tufted upholstered headboard and a metal frame with wooden slats to support a mattress. It is available in two shades: gray and linen.
- the luxury sheet Set includes one flat sheet, one fitted bottom sheet, and two standard pillowcases in your choice of cotton or sateen.
- the memory foam pillow features an outer layer of quilted memory foam, plus cooling Tencel fabric and active ventilation. Users can adjust the padding to suit their desired firmness.
- the Mattress protector protects the Nectar Mattress from spills, pet hair and dirt, and is 100% waterproof.
- the weighted blanket It comes in gray or blue and can be adjusted in weight for greater comfort and a deeper night’s sleep.
Nectar Mattress Reviews
Among the many positive reviews of Nectar mattresses on your website, customers often compliment the comfort of memory foam, as well as the affordable price. Users have commented that they no longer wake up with stiff muscles or back pain, which is often attributed to the layered foam design.
the nectar is ranked third in terms of customer satisfaction among bed-in-a-box mattresses, with Purple and Casper taking the top spots. Complaints about customer service seem to be the biggest problem for users (especially in Amazon), followed by a small portion of customers who have problems with the mattress inflating unevenly.
Advantages and disadvantages of nectar mattresses
The final result of Nectar mattresses
Our Nectar mattress review has found that Nectar Sleep offers a mattress that lives up to its claims of being a comfortable and affordable memory foam mattress. The Nectar mattress has a slightly firmer rating than other bed-in-a-box offerings, making it ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Side sleepers, on the other hand, may find more comfort in the softer Nectar Lush mattress.
Can I try the Nectar mattress before buying it?
Nectar Sleep does not have a “try before you buy” option, but customers do have a 365-night at-home trial. If you are not satisfied with your Nectar bed within a year, you are eligible for a full refund.
Can I buy a Nectar bed or mattress in a store?
No, you can only buy a Nectar bed or mattress online.
Is it easy to unpack the Nectar mattress?
Yes, especially if you have another person with you to help you. Simply open the box, place the box on the floor, take out the mattress, cut off the plastic cover, and let the mattress inflate.